MoneySense ranks Regina as one of the “Top 25 Best Places to Live” in Canada in 2014.
MoneySense measures the quality of life in 201 cities across the country. Regina climbed eight spots from last year’s ranking to ninth. Saskatchewan faired well overall with nine cities making the list:
- Regina - #9
- Saskatoon - #13
- Moose Jaw - #66
- Lloydminster - #71
- North Battleford - #88
- Yorkton - #93
- Estevan - #96
- Swift Current - #114
- Prince Albert - #184
Various categories are rated to determine which urban area offer the best places to live, work and play. Categories include: weather, affordable housing, household income, discretionary income, new cars on the road, job prospects, population growth, health care access, low crime and ability to walk or bike to work.
Here are some of the reasons why Regina is high on the list:
- Average household income - $91,328.02
- Average amount of discretionary income in residents’ pockets yearly - $43,014.39
- Average house price - $372,355.00
- Number of days annually above 20 degrees Celsius – 107.46
- Number of days yearly below -20 Celsius – 45.04
- Percentage drop in crime rate over five years – 24.28
- Percent unemployment rate – 4.8
- Percent of new cars, 2011 model year and up, on the road as of July 2013 – 15.36
- Percentage of people that walk to work – 5.38
If you’re planning to move to Regina, one of the best places to live in Canada or currently live in this great city and are considering buying or selling, check out our website. At CENTURY 21 Dome Realty Inc., we have trained professionals that can help you with all your real estate needs.