General Registration Information
The Markham Waxers House League hockey program is open to all applicants from 4 to 20 years of age (on or before December 31st of the year in which you register) at all skill levels—no experience is required—and all players receive equal ice time.
Acceptance is based on the order registrations are received on a first-come, first-serve basis. A waiting list may be in effect for late registrants. Save money and avoid disappointment by registering before the Early Bird Deadline—May 31st.
New registrants must provide proof of age (copy of birth certificate) prior to final acceptance. Please email a copy to the Markham Waxers upon completion of registration.
The Markham Waxers reserves the right to refuse any applicant.
The Markham Waxers House League allows each player to make one special request to play with a friend. Siblings in the same division will automatically be placed on the same team unless we are notified otherwise.
To make a special request, complete our Special Request Form and submit it to the office prior to the start of evaluations. Forms received after the start of evaluations will not be considered so please do not ask.
- The Waxers may not be able to accommodate all special requests received.
- The primary consideration when forming teams is balancing the teams in a division, not special requests.
- Requests for coaches will not be considered.
- A request for two coaches to coach together will be their children’s special request.
- In order to be considered, a completed Special Request Form must be completed in full and signed.
- The fully completed and originally signed Special Request Form must be delivered to the Waxers at its office located in Mt. Joy Community Centre, 6140 16th Avenue, Markham, ON L3P 3K8.
- When making a friend request, both players must attend all evaluation sessions.
- The Waxers will not notify you directly of the outcome of your special request.
Age Eligibility Requirements
Note: Players registered in house league with another association may not register for house league in a second association.
|Initiation||2010 to 2012||4 to 6|
|Atom||2006 & 2007||9 &10|
|Peewee||2004 & 2005||11 & 12|
|Bantam||2002 & 2003||13 & 14|
|Midget/Juvenile||1996 to 2001||15 to 20|
* Player’s age determined by their age as of December 31st.
How to Register
Registration is online only—there is no manual registration. If you do not have access to a computer, stop by the office during office hours or call us (905-471-8820) to arrange a time you can use the computer in the Waxers office to register.