General Registration Information
- Registration is open to all players residing within the City of Markham. The UMHA area includes the neighbourhoods: East of Hwy 404, South of 19th Avenue, North of Steeles Avenue and West of McCowan Road. Preference will be given to residents within these boundaries.
- Registration is conducted on a first come, first served basis. A waiting list may be in effect for late registrants. Avoid disappointment—register early as last year there were waiting lists in many divisions.
- New registrants must provide proof of age (copy of a birth certificate) to the UMHA to receive final acceptance. Please send to the attention of the Registrar.
- The UMHA reserves the right to refuse any applicant if proof of age is not submitted, players do not live within the boundaries of the City of Markham and for other reasons that are deemed appropriate at the sole discretion of the UMHA.
UMHA Program Highlights
- Weekend games at Crosby, Angus Glen or other local arenas
- Weeknight or weekend practices at Angus Glen, Crosby or other local arenas
- Power skating, hockey skills & goalie training sessions at no extra charge
- Sweater and socks
- Awards banquet
- OMHA certified Initiation Program for players 7 years old and younger
- Certified and trained coaches
- Goalie equipment for players interested in being goalies
Games and Practice Schedule
Our program schedule is finalized in mid-September, after registration closes. Until we have final registration numbers by division, we cannot allocate our ice and determine our program schedules.
The program schedule will be posted on our website as soon as it is available. Check the division sections of our site after mid-September.
We understand that you need to plan your family's schedule. You may use last year's program schedule as a guideline as we try to maintain consistency from year to year. However, you must be aware that this is subject to change. Program schedules are available on the homepage for each division.
Important Information for Online Registration
- To register, you must have a valid, working email address.
- If your child has played previously, a record for your child exists in the Hockey Canada Registration (HCR) system database.
- Credit card payment is mandatory. Currently there is no method available to register without a credit card.
- You will only see the multiple child discount when you are ready to check out and pay for your registration cart.
For hockey registration purposes, a player's age is determined by their age as of the end of the year in which they are registering. For the 2016-2017 season that date is December 31, 2016.
Players are grouped by age. These groupings are called divisions. UMHA divisions are: Juvenile, Midget, Bantam, Peewee, Atom, Novice, Tyke, Mite, and Mini Mite.
Divisions for the 2016-2017 Hockey Season
Division Birth Year Age
Juvenile 1996 - 1999 17 to 20
Midget 2000 - 2001 15 to 16
Bantam 2002 - 2003 13 to 14
Peewee 2004- 2005 11 to 12
Atom 2006 - 2007 9 to 10
Novice 2008 only 8 yrs old
Tyke 2009 only 7 yrs old
Mite 2010 - 2011 5 to 6 yrs
Mini Mite 2012 4 yrs old
Your registration rate is based upon the rate in affect at the time you register.
||1st & 2nd Child
||Each Add’l Child
|Before June 30
|July 1–August 31
|After September 1
Multiple Player Discount Policy
The UMHA offers families with more than two children playing hockey in the UMHA a discounted rate for their third and subsequent children. In order to receive the discount, you must register each child in the same account in which you registered your first child. In other words, one parent account must be used to register all children and you must register them at the same time.
This discount is only available for siblings.
Note that the discount will be applied when your cart is complete and you are ready to check out and pay.
Payment by Credit Card Only
UMHA registration fees are payable with your VISA or MasterCard. Immediate online payment is required to complete registration.
Please follow all the instructions, complete your payment and print your receipt to ensure the process is complete. All aspects of the online registration process uses 128-bit encryption, which is the same level of security as online banking. In addition, all credit card transactions are processed live and no credit card information is ever stored.
Hockey Canada Service Fee
In addition to registration fees, you will be charged a $2.00 Hockey Canada Registration system user fee by Hockey Canada. The fee that will be added to your cart at check out.
Please confirm 2016 fee schedule.