MMHA Registration Information
The MMHA hockey program is open to all applicants from 4 to 20 years of age (on or before December 31st of the year in which you register) at all skill levels—no experience is required—and all players receive equal ice time.
Acceptance is based on the order registrations are received on a first-come, first-serve basis. A waiting list may be in effect for late registrants. Save money and avoid disappointment by registering before the Early Bird Deadline—June 30th.
New registrants must provide proof of age (copy of birth certificate) prior to final acceptance. Please email a copy to MMHA upon completion of registration.
The MMHA reserves the right to refuse any applicant.
Special Request Form and submit it to the office prior to the start of evaluations. Forms received after the start of evaluations will not be considered so please do not ask.
- The MMHA may not be able to accommodate all Special Requests received.
- The primary consideration when forming teams is balancing the teams in a division, not special requests.
- Requests for coaches will not be considered.
- A request for two coaches to coach together will be their children's special request.
- In order to be considered, a completed Special Request Form must be completed in full and signed.
- The fully completed and originally signed Special Request Form must be delivered to the MMHA at its office located in Mt. Joy Community Centre, 6140 16th Avenue, Markham, ON L3P 3K8.
- When making a friend request, both players must attend all evaluation sessions.
- The MMHA will not notify you directly of the outcome of your special request.
Age Eligibility Requirements
Note: Players registered in house league with another association may not register for house league in a second association.
|Mite (Initiation)||2008 to 2010||4 to 6|
|Midget||1999 to 1998||15 to 16|
|Juvenile||1997 to 1994||17 to 20|
* Player’s age determined by thier age as of December 31st.
How to Register
Registration is online only—there is no manual registration. If you do not have access to a computer, stop by the office during office hours or call us (905-471-8820) to arrange a time you can use the computer in the MMHA office to register.
Full equipment is required for participation in all age categories.
- CSA Approved Helmet with Full Face Mask
- Mouth Guard
- Neck protector
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Gloves
- Hockey Pants
- Athletic cup
- Shin Pads
- Hockey Tape
- Equipment bag*
*optional, though recommended
|Fee (Deadline)||1st & 2nd Child||3rd Child||Each Add’l Child|
|Early Bird (before June 30)||$495.00||$245.00||Free!|
|Registration (July 1 to August 31)||$545.00||$295.00||Free!|
|Late Registration (after September 1)||$595.00||$345.00||Free!|
Online payment is by credit card only. We accept both Visa and MasterCard. If you wish to register but cannot pay by credit card, please email our Registrar to make arrangements to pay by money order or certified cheque.
Your registration fee is based upon the rate in effect on the date you register.
Registration fees cover the following:
- Weekend program Initiation (Mite) to Bantam: practice on Saturday and game on Sunday
- Local Markham rinks including Mt. Joy, Markham Village, Centennial, Angus Glen, and Milliken Mills
- Home and away series with Whitchurch-Stouffville Minor Hockay Association
- Certified and trained coaches and a trainer on every team
- Custom Team jersey designed for MMHA by Ironhead and socks
- Trophies/medals and awards
- Individual and team photo
- Goalie equipment provided for those interested in playing goalie
- Goalie clinic
- Year-end player banquet
- Equipment used during practices and games including pucks, cones, pinnies, etc.
Hockey Canada Registration System User Fee
In addition to registration fees, you will be charged a $2.00 Hockey Canada Registration system user fee by Hockey Canada. The fee that will be added to your cart at check out.
Multiple Player Discount Policy
We understand how expensive it can be to play hockey, especially when you have more than one child playing. To help lower the cost for parents, Markham Minor Hockey Association offers a multiple player discount for families with more than two children (siblings) playing within our association.
In order to receive the third and subsequent child discount, you must register each child in the same account in which you registered your first child at the same time. In other words, one parent account must be used to register all children and you must register them at the same time.
If one of your three children playing in contact the registrar prior to registering your house league players.
Note that the discount will be applied when your cart is complete and you are ready to check out and pay.
Staggered Payment Option
MMHA is pleased to announce the addition of a staggered payment option for paying your child's hockey fees for the the 2014-2015 season. When you check out you will be given the option of paying in full or paying in installments. Depending on when you register, you will be able to pay your hockey registration fees over a number of months. All installments are due by August 31st.
|Mite through Bantam Registration||Amount Payable on Checkout||Staggered Payment Dates||Staggered Payment Amount|
|May||$123.75||June 30, July 31, August 31||$123.75|
|June||$165.00||July 31, August 31||$165.00|
|September, October||$595.00||Not Available|
|Midget and Juvenile Registration||Amount Payable on Checkout||Staggered Payment Dates||Staggered Payment Amount|
|May||$112.50||June 30, July 31, August 31||$112.50|
|June||$150.00||July 31, August 31||$150.00|
|September, October||$550.00||Not Available|
Refunds will be issued upon receipt of an MMHA Registration Fee Refund Request form. The form may be mailed to the office or dropped through the mail slot in the door of the MMHA office. Please mark the envelope to the attention of the Registrar. Please allow approximately four weeks for processing your refund.
Refunds will not be granted for games lost due to injuries, illnesses or vacation. Any request arising as a result of an injury that prohibits a player from playing must be submitted within 30-days of the date of the injury.
There is a $25.00 processing fee on all refund requests. The balance of the refund is based on the date the Application for Refund form is received.
|Refund Request Received||Refund Amount*|
|Prior to evaluations||100% minus $25.00|
|After evaluations begin||75% minus $25.00|
|November||50% minus $25.00|
|December||25% minus $25.00|
|After January 1||No refund|
*If sweaters and socks have been received and used by your child, $40.00 will be deducted from your refund.