There are a few quick and simple things to keep in mind when you want to sell, and sell quickly for top dollar…
Five critical steps to staging your home to sell:
- Fresh smelling
- Make it smell fresh and inviting, during the summer, is to simmer a pot of sliced orange or lemons a half hour before showing. Winter, try simmering scented potpourri of cinnamon.
- Stop smoking indoors
- Don't assume they love pets. Take the little buddy with you and spray deodorizer on the pet bed. You may not be able to smell it, but someone who doesn't own a pet will notice it right away.
- Bright rooms
- Turn on all lights
- Open curtains, blinds and drapes. Let the natural light in!
- Trim any bushes or hedges away from windows and door frames
- Fresh Curb appeal
- First impressions are THE most important. You want your home to say "Welcome".
- Potential home for the potential buyer
- What it would be like for them to live in this space. Declutter, remove (store or put away) all personal belongs, family photos, nick knacks, etc
- Plan on selling, dealing with personal items is as simple as packing early
- The garage is the garage
- Showcase the space for what it was intended for - the family's transportation
- Purge the clutter and pack up the storage for moving.
These simple tricks could give you a 10 - 20% increase in the selling price.