1. Decide what you can afford. Generally, you can afford a home equal in value to between two and three times your gross income.
2. Develop your home wish list. Then, prioritize the features on your list.
3. Select where you want to live. Compile a list of three or four neighborhoods you’d like to live in, taking into account items such as schools, recreational facilities, area expansion plans, and safety.
4. Start saving. Do you have enough money saved to qualify for a mortgage and cover your down payment? Ideally, you should have 20 percent of the purchase price saved as a down payment. Also, don’t forget to factor in closing costs. Closing costs — including taxes, attorney’s fee, and land transfer taxes — average between 2 and 7 percent of the home price.
5. Get your credit in order. Obtain a copy of your credit report to make sure it is accurate and to correct any errors immediately. A credit report provides a history of your credit, bad debts, and any late payments.
6. Determine your mortgage qualifications. How large of mortgage do you qualify for? Also, explore different loan options and decide what’s best for you.
7. Get pre approved. Organize all the documentation a lender will need to pre approve you for a loan.
8. Weigh other sources of help with a down payment. Do you qualify for any local government assistance programs for first-time buyers.
9. Calculate the costs of home ownership. This should include property taxes, insurance, maintenance and utilities, and association fees, if applicable.
10. Contact a REALTOR®. Find a REALTOR® who can help guide you through the process.
*Reprinted from REALTOR® magazine (REALTOR.org/realtormag) with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
Please contact me at:
CENTURY 21 Dreams Inc., Brokerage, 61 Lakeshore Rd. West, Oakville, ON L6K 1C9 * Independently Owned and Operated
Office: 905.338.1515 | Fax: 905.338.0101 | email@example.com
Oakville Real Estate, Burlington Real Estate, Milton Real Estate, Hamilton Real Estate, Mississauga Real Estate
Residential Home Buying and Selling
Mirjana will prepare you for your entire home buying and selling experience, and will make home buying easier for you by providing you with the information you need to make a smart home purchase. Mirjana will refer you to the best people, services and resources available.
Why choose tech savvy Real Estate Sales Representative Mirjana Spehar to Sell Your Home?
The National Association of Realtors 2009 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers revealed that nearly 90% of potential home buyers begin their search online. Given that 9 out of 10 people begin their home search online, there are many good reasons to work with a tech savvy agent. As a technologically savvy real estate sales representative, Mirjana can:
- list your home on the "World's Best Real Estate Website", Century21.ca
- list your home on the most technologically advanced, 'search' friendly web platform
- Access to resources that create an unparalleled opportunity to distinguish your home in this competitive marketplace
- provide extensive online presence, featuring your home on numerous websites
- provide 24/7 service
- consistently provide you with timely information; home evaluations, new listings, market information, for you to view via email
Why choose Mirjana Spehar to work with you to buy your home?
If you are in search of the perfect home, Mirjana will work with you to find the perfect home at the best possible, price, terms and financing available.
In today's competitive market timing is everything. Many good homes are sold before they are ever advertised. Mirjana will work with you to beat other home buyers to the hottest new listings with her New Listings Notification.
As a REALTOR, Mirjana has gone through many changes in her personal life; moving up, divorcing, down sizing, and dealing with the death of a loved one. She understands that many unexpected changes can come about in life when we least expect it . Mirjana will take care of your real estate situations with dignity, compassion, and understanding, and will help you find the right property to help you transition into the next chapter in your life.
- moving up
Newcomers to Canada
Now that you have made Canada a new home, buying a new house is an exciting experience. Mirjana will work with you to make your home buying process as smooth as possible, and will refer you to the best resources, people and services available. Mirjana will listen to your needs, show you suitable homes to visit, and negotiateon your behalf to help you get the best possible deal.
First Time Home Buyers
Ready to go house hunting? Buying a home for the first time can be overwhelming for first time home buyers. Mirjana wil make every effort to make your home purchase a positive and stress free experience.
The Federal and Provincial government have established programs to assist first time home buyers. Click on the links for more information: Home Buyer's Plan , Land Transfer Refund, and First Time Homebuyers' Tax Credit