The 10 Dumbest Mistakes Smart People Make
When Buying or Selling a Home –
and How to Avoid Them
1. Not knowing how much they can afford to pay for a house before they make an offer.
2. Not finding out in advance whom the real estate agent represents.
3. Not realizing that the wrong mortgage can cost thousands of dollars in unnecessary interest and taxes.
4. Not discovering hidden defects before buying a home.
5. Not knowing how debt can affect their ability to buy or refinance a home.
6. Setting their asking price too high because of personal need or emotion rather than fair market value.
7. Failing to “showcase” their home by highlighting the best features.
8. Signing a listing contract with no way out.
9. Choosing an agent for the wrong reasons. (For example, listing a home with the agent who works for the most popular company.)
10. Not knowing their legal rights and obligations.
Call 1-888-874-9512 Ext. 400 to find out how to Prevent them.