You probably hear it all the time – you need a break from the tech! But in today’s uber digital world, it’s so much easier said than done. (Hello, Facebook!)
Shutting down your gadgets for even one hour a day will help you feel more connected and present in the world. Plus, basking in a little quiet and stillness can actually boost your productivity and get your creative juices flowing.
Are you feeling digitally exhausted? Here are 5 tips to help you unplug.
- Take a mini road trip without your GPS and focus on your surroundings (and your print map) instead.
- Skip checking your email first thing in the morning and use this time to let your mind wake up naturally.
- Spend a day doing fun activities without stopping to share them on Facebook (you can always document your day when you get home).
- Forgo the weekend Netflix binge in favor of doing something entertaining that also engages your mind, like playing a board game, nurturing your inner artist or taking up a new hobby.
- Spend your lunch hour going for a power walk and focusing on the food you’re eating.
By unplugging, you can get a stronger connection with yourself and the world around you. How often do you power down the tech and give yourself a break?