Are You Wandering How to Make Your House Easy Curb Appeal?
10 Design Tips: Curb Appeal
Here are 10 easy tips for giving your house easy curb appeal:
- Consult trusted professionals when rebuilding a home’s exterior. Roof and window installers, local heritage preservation boards, building permits are just some of the people and issues that must be addressed.
- Choose your splurges carefully. Install more expensive shingles where the roofline can be seen and less expensive, durable shingles where they are not visible.
- Exterior details should be consistent with the style of your home and others on the street. For semi-detached homes consult with a neighbour to create a consistent look, thereby increasing the value of both homes.
- Choose windows and doors in colours based on the same criteria. Exterior paint should be tested as it is for a home’s interior. Colours often appear lighter out of doors.
- Perfection is in the details. Choose everything with great care, and this includes door colour, knobs and mailbox. Let your house to put its best face forward to the world!
- Consider enclosing an outdoor porch to create an ideal place for anything you need to grab on the way out the door. Heated floors for this area are the perfect splurge for all but the warmest climates.
- Take a close look at drainage. Troughs should lead water away from the house and to a nearby plant bed or grass.
- Choose low maintenance plants with year-round appeal for the front of your home. Incorporate stone and other hard-scape material to lessen the attention needed for this area.
- Use pre-finished materials as much as possible. They are a time and cost-saving measure.
- Look for cracks and fissures in retaining walls. New, ‘flow-through’ pre-cast bricks are designed to let water escape but keep roots and soil intact.
If you are interested in renovating your property but not sure where to find a contactor, contact Eric Tiftikci !