Spring is the time when the housing market is set to enter its busiest time of the the year. Potential homebuyers will be out and about looking for the perfect home to suit their needs and budget. If you are preparing to put your home on the market this spring, here are the tips from Hometrader.ca to help you improve your home's appeal.
Top 10 Tips To Sell Your Home This Spring
1. Create curb appeal - First impressions cournt! Get rid of any debris that winter left behind, edge your gardens and add creative arrangements to your front porch.
2. A fresh coat of paint goes a long way - Refresh the interior and exterior of your home by painting your walls, front door, garage, shed and fence.
3. Clean, clean, clean - Nothing will trun a potential buyer away quicker than a dirty home. Be sure to scrub your floors and wash your windows.
4. Inspect your extrior - Have a professional check your property for any damage to your roof, shutters or siding caused by winter wear.
5. Are renovations required? - An updated kitchen or bathroom might boost your home's appeal as well as the value of your home.
6. Engage the senses - Create a welcoming scent for potential buyers by lighting a few scented candles or placing fresh flowers throughout your home.
7. Turn your backyard into an outdoor oasis - Update your patio furniture to create a relaxing outdoor environment.
8. Reseal your driveway - This will remove any wear and tear and keep your driveway looking new.
9. Depersonalize your home - Potential buyers want to picture themselves in your home, not you. Rmove family photos, diplomas and personal mementos.
10. Rid your home of unwanted clutter - Donate gently used items.
By Antiao H