Are you thinking of selling your home and buying a new one? Its a tough decision that may happen by just looking at some listings in the area. While it may be a spur of the moment decision, the best way to sell your house is to plan it.
Usually the first busy Real Estate season is when it gets hot outside. This is when you start to see neighbours selling their houses and the market is determined by the previous sale. Then what happens is that you see the price your neighbour sold their house for. This is when you say to yourself that your house is just as good or better, and you decide that you could get the same or more. Here is a list of things to do to get ahead of the curve
1. Clean your house. De-Clutter and clean your house. You might not realize how long this might take if you haven’t done this for a while.
2. Get Pre-Approved for a mortgage. You don’t want to start looking for a house if you don’t know exactly how much you can afford. Don’t waste your time looking for houses in the wrong price bracket.
3. Speak to a professional Real Estate Agent. Speak to me a professional Real Estate agent to see what your neighbourhood sales have been and also to get an idea of the market.
4. Start now! The longer you wait to get into the Real Estate season the more likely that the prices may change from what you thought. There may be more inventory, the interest rates might change. There may be more buyers and more bidding wars.
5. Make a list. Think about what you can afford, think about what you want to live in, think about the area you want to live in, and really set a criteria for what you are looking for. Do not deviate from that list. If you do go back to that list to see why you didn’t put a particular house on the list.