It is the time when it starts to get cold and the climate changes. Here are a few trends in the market which happen every year around this time.
1. The market slows down a bit around the beginning of September for a few weeks.
2. The market picks up from the end of September to the End of October, then the market drops significantly.
3. Houses that were overpriced and that have been on the market get really stale.
4. Interest rates will hold so the market will stay a sellers market, but not heated like it has been.
5. Certain pockets of the GTA will continue to be heated with bidding and removal of clauses.
Now is the time to sell your house if you are thinking about it. Putting your house on the market later on in the year is ok, but there are less buyers because of the winter season.