With today’s market conditions, it’s more important than ever to market your home at a price that will attract buyers.
Consider the following 6-step method to a quicker sale at the right price.
- Hire a REALTOR® who carries out a direct sales comparison approach to market value after a thorough inspection of your home, not a quick walk-through and a stab at market price.
Experience has shown that the quick approach can cause one of two problems:
--A lower price that will give some of your money away, or
--A more likely higher than market price that will scare buyers and their agents away.
- The look and feel of your home creates a greater emotional response than any other factor.
Prepare your home for the market before you list to give it maximum curb appeal and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Consider ordering a prelisting home inspection. Then correct any defects or deferred maintenance noted in your report. The buyer has the option of ordering his own inspection, and you can avoid a possible renegotiation of the price or the potential of the buyer walking away.
- Once listed, have the company’s other salespeople inspect your home and give their collective opinions of value. This is a great way to obtain other opinions from experienced REALTORS® and to see whether your list price is in line with the opinions of other industry professionals. These people work with buyers everyday and have a good idea of market value. They will also be totally honest since they are not competing for the listing. If their price differs, consider changing it. It's a great way to obtain more than one opinion.
- Welcome feedback from buyers and buyer representatives. Then be prepared to adjust your price to reflect what the market is saying if you want to sell.
- Promote maximum showings by making your home easy for salespeople to show and it competes for the attention of buyer agents.
We learned that successful marketing and results are dependent on good property and market research, a professional pricing analysis, proper home preparation, accessibility for showings and complete cooperation with other agents.
Century 21 REALTORS® are trained to help you with each step of the process and to negotiate for you with the goal of achieving your best market price.