Certification Requirements for Manufactured Homes

How much leeway do the owners of manufactured homes (AKA trailers) have in making minor changes or upgrades to the electrical system? We all know that changes to the wiring itself must be done under permit, and by a certified electrical contractor. But how about changing out those old light switches or light fixtures with something more contemporary. It doesn't require changing the wiring, just a couple of screws to swap out the old fixture, switch, or receptacle. No problem, right? Wrong! The reality is that the regulations regarding alterations are much more strict than many people understand them to be. An alteration is any change to an original approved mobile home. And the BC Safety Authority really means ANY. The following directive applies to all manufactured homes sold in BC:


For additional information contact the BC Safety Authority.

There are no comments

Thank you! Your comment has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

Blog Archives