Here are some interesting tidbits of information about the upcoming Winter Olympics so you can dazzle your friends and family with your new found knowledge!
- There are more than 200,000 hectares of forests in Sochi, and the air quality there is considered among the best in the world.
- The price of the 2014 Olympics is more than $50 billion, an estimated three times the price of the (bigger) 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Critics say these games are more costly than all 21 previous Winter Olympics combined. Should estimated totals for the games pan out, it will be the most expensive Olympics in history.
- There are three mascots: the Polar Bear, the Hare, and the Leopard. There are also two mascots for the Paralympic Games: the Snowflake and the Ray of Light.
- Twelve winter sports events will be making their Olympic debuts at these games. Among them are women’s ski jumping, team relay luge, and a figure skating team event.
- Prior to its Olympic bid, Sochi was best known as a subtropical summer resort location, and it has been referred to as the “Pearl of the Russian Riviera.” Statistically, it will be the warmest city ever to host a Winter Games.
Come back to my blog and I will keep posting these snippets for your enjoyment and learning enrichment!
and remember, I am nevertoo busy for your referrals................and thank you!