Grandview Heights Real Estate Listings and Information
In 1882 the area of Grandview Heights was a land holding southwest of the Edmonton settlement owned by the McCauley family. It was subdivided during the land boom of the early 1900s. The neighbourhood’s name, Grandview Heights, dates from that time and is almost certainly a reference to the views of the river and creek valleys at the neighbourhood’s north and west borders. The neighbourhood’s current plans of subdivision are of 1958 and 1960 vintage. Grandview Heights was annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1913 but remained beyond the limits of urban residential development until the early 1960s. The neighbourhood’s development was all but complete prior to 1970.
For more information, click here