Pleasantview Real Estate Listings and Information
The portion of Pleasantview east of 106th Street has been a part of Edmonton since 1914; the remaining portion had to wait until the end of World War II before becoming part of the city. As partial repayment of a debt owed for overseas service, prairie farmland that is now western Pleasantview was subdivided into generous one-half to full acre lots and sold under the Veteran’s Land Act to returning veterans. Just south of the city boundary in 1946, and therefore considered a rural area, Pleasantview nonetheless reflected contemporary subdivision design features. Curvilinear streets are arranged in a modified grid pattern with a central park site.
For more information, click here