Ritchie Real Estate Listings and Information
Development in Ritchie began with the arrival of the Calgary and Edmonton Railroad line in 1891 and the completion, in 1902, of the Edmonton, Yukon and Pacific Rail line following Mill Creek Ravine across the Low Level Bridge to Edmonton. Early development radiated out from a commercial area on Whyte (82nd) Avenue, now called Old Strathcona. Subsequent commercial development extended along Whyte Avenue where, from 1908 to 1949, a streetcar line joined Ritchie with downtown Edmonton (via 99th Street). Ritchie became part of Edmonton when the City of Strathcona amalgamated with Edmonton in 1912. By that time, most of Ritchie had been subdivided using a grid street pattern.
For more information, click here