1. Windows – Check if they are facing the right direction to let sunlight in, and whether they open to a nice view (versus directly toward another neighbour’s window).
2. Under the Sink Cabinets – Check for possible signs of water damage due to leaky plumbing.
3. Electrical Outlets – Are there enough outlets for the appliances and other electronics you’ll be using? If not, you can decide if that’s a renovation you’d like to make.
4. Storage Space – Don’t just look to see if there’s enough closet space, look at closet placement to ensure it doesn’t take away from the room. Check that storage is also in a convenient location.
5. Under the Rugs – Lift up any rugs to check the condition of the floor underneath.
6. Attic – If the house has one make sure it’s well insulated.
7. Water Spouts – Runoff from the gutters should be pointed away from the house, so take a step outside to see if this is the case.