Some of you may know that my hubby and I are proud owner of a 2010 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Classic. We always had a motorcycle and love to get out on the back roads and secondary highways to explore. In 2010 we both had a "midlife crisis" LOL.....but at least it was together and took the plunge, spent part of the kids inheritance and bought a Harley. We never looked back (figuratively speaking). As you may or may not have noticed, my professional headshot features a leather dress jacket. This is a clue to my love of the ride. Here are some of my favourite rides:
1) Smoky Mountains, TN and NC which included the famous "Dragon's Tail" -- 318 curves in 11 miles of mountain driving and no guard rails (talk about scary!!)
2) Florida Keys to Key West (the bridges were amazing and I did see Key Deer and aligators)
3) Route 2 to Route 1 -- Upstate New York, through to Vermont to New Hampshire to Maine and up into New Brunswick (where my Dad's family is from) -- we took another mountain ride up Mount Washington in New Hampshire -- again, no guard rails on the highest peak in the Appalachian Mountain chain.
4) The Lake Erie circle tour. Love Pelee Island area and out and around through Ohio, PA and NY.
5) Crooked Road in Virginia (my love of bluegrass music -- but that's another blog!) and the Shenandoah Parkway
6) The Thumb of Michigan and the Upper Peninsula
7) The Appalachian Trail in New Brunswick (where my family is from)
8) The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia (my Mom is from Cape Breton)
9) Rocky Mountains from Banff to Jasper, Alberta (I confess , I did the drive in a car but that is our next drive!)
10) Pennsylvannia -- the whole state including a stop in Nazareth PA where my Martin Guitar was made (yet another blog)
It would be fun if you messaged me your favourite drives and rides. Drive safe, I'll wave when I'm out there and stay safe!