Realtors are experienced in everything you need to know and do when buying a home.
Your realtor can help you:
- Navigate the home buying process and paper work from start to finish, ensuring everything flows smoothly without any surprises.
- Find the right home, in the right neigbourhood you want, at a price you can afford.
- Compare your property with similar properties that have sold over the last year.
- Get a feel for the neighbourhood including schools, parks and other amenities
- Find out if you are eligible for government home ownership incentive programs.
- Access mortgage products and different types of lenders to see what fits your needs.
- negotiate purchase price and contract terms, such as date of possession, required repairs, included furnishings or equipment.
- Direct you through complex contracts.
- Find qualified industry professionals, such as real estate lawyers, hom appraisers and home inspectors.
- Plan for closing costs and other related expenses.
Reference: CREA Homebuyers' Road Map