It’s family day across the province today, meaning most businesses and services are closed for the day.
Here’s what’s closed today:
- All chain grocery stores including Superstore, Metro, Loblaws, No Frills, Valu-Mart, and Food Basics.
- Shopping malls including Masonville and White Oaks.
- All Wal-Mart and Costco locations.
- LCBO and Beer Store locations. The Labatt Brewery Retail Store is also closed.
- Schools, banks, libraries, provincial government offices and municipal buildings.
- Garbage collection is not taking place today.
- All Shoppers Drug Mart locations, excluding their Hamilton Road and Byron stores, which are both open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- All Rexall locations, excluding their Waterloo/Oxford, Stoneybrook, White Oaks, Oakridge, and Byron stores.
Here’s what’s open today:
- Federal government, Canada Post offices
- Mail delivery is running today
- LTC is running on Sunday schedule
- Movie theatres, including Silver City, Westmount, Rainbow Citi Plaza, Landmark Cinemas 8, and Hyland Cinema.
- Boler Mountain (Skiing & snowboarding from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. and Tubing from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.)
- The London Children’s Museum, which is hosting Family Day and Black History Month Celebrations
- Kidscape is open from 9:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Byron, Carling Heights, Stronach, and Boyle Memorial Community Centres are all hostingvarious Family Day activities today.
- The North London Optimist Community Centre has roller skating from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Kinsmen Fanshawe Sugar Bush
- Fleetway Bowling is open from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- The London Boys & Girls Club has drop-in activities (swimming, gym, etc.) from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m.
- Storybook Gardens has skating from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. (bundle up!)
If you know of something open or closed that isn’t on this list, let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com