CENTURY 21 First Canadian Corp.
The community of Rodney was originally named Stewart's Mills after the owner of the first sawmill in the community. From 1840 to 1865, it was called Centreville due to its central location at the intersection of Furnival Road and 7th Concession (now Downie Line). In 1865, the community was renamed Rodney after British naval officer George Brydges Rodney. The centre of the village was relocated three kilometres to the south when the Canada Southern Railway was built in the area in 1872.
Blog Terms and Conditions
Independently Owned and Operated. CENTURY 21® is a registered trademark owned by Century 21 Real Estate LLC, used under license. © 2011 Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership
© 1999-2015 WhereToLive.com, Inc.