It’s that time of year when we all start thinking about making home improvements.
I wanted to share with you a really useful list I found detailing the average costs of home renovations (all under $1900) and what your expected Return On Investment (ROI) will be.
Whether you are buying a home in the near future, preparing to sell your home or just want to get the most bang for your buck as you “Spring Clean”, this list is a great way to help you decide where to prioritize:
1. Cleaning and decluttering ($362 cost / $2,490 price increase / 586% ROI)
2. Landscaping ($675 cost / $2,418 price increase / 258% ROI)
3. Repairing electrical or plumbing ($669 cost / $1,883 price increase / 181% ROI)
4. Kitchen and bathroom upgrades ($1583 cost / $4,299 price increase / 172% ROI)
5. Replace or shampoo carpets ($809 cost / $2,165 price increase / 169% ROI)
6. Paint interior ($1,266 cost / $2,643 price increase / 109% ROI)
7. Repair floors ($1,165 cost / $2,408 price increase /107% ROI)
8. Paint exterior ($1,836 cost / $2,781 price increase / 51% ROI)
If you want to make some of these improvements to your home this spring, I keep a list of local vendors (that I trust and have worked with many times) that I’d be happy to share with you.
Let me know if you would like me to send that list over to you today!