We are proud to be back again as a participant of this year's Saskatoon Corporate Challenge!
What is it all about?
The Saskatoon Corporate Challenge is a week of fun from September 12-16, 2016 focused on promoting healthy competition between Saskatoon businesses, while helping raise awareness and contributions to local charities. Teams will compete against one another in a series of five events over the course of a week, with the winning team being named the Corporate Challenge Champion.
Each year the winner of the Corporate Challenge chooses the Charity of Choice for the following year. This year's Charity of Choice is The Restorative Action Program (RAP), chosen by last year's Challenge Cup winner, Stantec. RAP is a community-based initiative that is hosted in Saskatoon high schools and is sustained through shared responsibility of our partners by other supportive organizations and citizens. RAP works with youth to develop and practice conflict management, relationship management, and leadership skills using an approach that focuses on prevention, intervention and reconnection.
Here's How it All Works...
The Saskatoon Corporate Challenge will consist of five events that teams will compete in, one per day, from September 12-16. The five events are:
- Lawn Bowling
- Ultimate Frisbee and Tic Tac Toe
- Amazing Race
- Sports Challenge, consisting of a Home Run Derby, Soccer Shootout and a "Mystery Sport"!
- Games Night and Finale Party
Other Awards Up for Grabs!
It’s not all about the Challenge Cup!
Of course we will all compete with enthusiasm and drive, but we will certainly be kind to our competition! All companies will vote for the most sportsman of all teams following each night of competition. The winner will then be awarded the Snooker Shack Sportsmanship Award!
This year, the WMCZ Spirit Award will be awarded to the company that demonstrates the most preparation and commitment to the Saskatoon Corporate Challenge. Points can be gathered in a number of ways.
- Team Picture: Points will be awarded based on number of "Likes" we receive on Facebook. Please check our CENTURY 21 Fusion Facebook page soon and "Like" before noon on September 14th!
- Blood Drive: Donate blood at Blood Services before noon on September 14th. Please mention you are donating for "CENTURY 21 Fusion"!
- Clothing Drive: Drop off your donation of linens, towels, clothing, shoes and household items to our office at #210-310 Wellman Lane between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Fundraising: We will be hosting a bbq on Thursday, Sept. 8th. Please check our Facebook page soon for hours and location. All money received will go towards this year's charity -- RAP.
Come out and cheer Team Fusionator this September!
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -- Michael Jordan