Come and discover what Saskatoonians already know...Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is one of the hottest cities in Canada!
Saskatoon is a city infused by a lively ambiance, friendly hospitality and rich, diverse cultural experiences. New attractions such as the beautiful River Landing and the Dakota Dunes Casino are testament to the buzz that is Saskatoon!
Come discover just a few of the many activities available in our beautiful city!
- Try one of the Saskatoon and area's award-winning golf courses, rated among the best in Canada.
- Soar above Saskatoon and the surrounding countryside in a hot air balloon, ending the flight with one of the oldest traditions: a champagne toast.
- Bring your appetite and dine around. Saskatoon has one of the highest numbers of restaurants per capita in Canada.
- Experience over 6,000 years of First Nations culture brought to life on sacred ground at Wanuskewin Heritage Park.
- Take in some theatre where you least expect it! A setting unlike any other – The Barn Playhouse – is home to excellent community theatre just a few minutes from Saskatoon.
- Birdwatch. Situated on two migratory bird paths, Saskatoon is a bird watchers’ haven.
- Discover a sheltered creek, river valley, and prairie habitat at Beaver Creek Conservation Area, home to one of the few uncultivated short grass prairie sites in Saskatchewan. An interpretive centre provides opportunities to discover nature during the four seasons.
- Take a scenic trip through downtown Saskatoon in the back of a horse drawn carriage. Enjoy a longer ride from the Delta Bessborough Hotel over the University Bridge, along Saskatchewan Crescent, and back over the Broadway Bridge.
- Discover years of pioneer innovation and spirit at Saskatoon’s Western Development Museum: Explore the buildings and meet the characters of 1910 Boomtown, and then travel through time, from a sod house to an Eaton’s catalogue home to a modern day farm, with all the stories in between of struggle and success on the prairies.
- Take home a great souvenir! During your visit to the Western Development Museum, dress in period costume and get your portrait taken at the Boomtown Studio.
- Eat local: from farm to table, a number of restaurants are featuring local cuisine on their menus. Try Souleio or Truffles downtown, and Calories on Broadway.
- Treat yourself: Bus Stop Refreshments is a popular place in summer to pick up a light snack or ice cream treat. You can’t miss it – it’s the red double-decker bus across from the Delta Bessborough Hotel.
- Take a drive out to the Berry Barn. Known for serving delectable perogies and Saskatoon Berry desserts, visitors enjoy relaxing their feet in the sandy beach of the South Saskatchewan River, just steps from the restaurant.
- Take in some French theatre with La Troupe du Jour. If you don’t understand French – don’t worry, you may be in luck – some performances include English surtitles.
- Feel the need for speed. With karts capable of 85km/h and a half mile of track full of twists, turns, and flat out straightaways, drivers of all levels are sure to be challenged at Velocity Raceway.
- End the night right. Check out Dueling Pianos at Staqatto Piano Bar, or stop by Winston’s Pub in the historic Hotel Senator – home to over 140 international bottles and cans, and 40 taps of local, Canadian, and international stouts, ales, lagers or ciders.
- Make time for the University of Saskatchewan’s Observatory, Natural Sciences Museum, Geological Museum, and Museum of Antiquities. They even have a Computer Museum!
- Enjoy a ride on the train or carousel at Kinsmen Park, followed by a splash in the nearby outdoor wading pool and play area, or arts and crafts in the studio at the Mendel Art Gallery across the street.
For more information about activities, upcoming festivals and events, visit Tourism Saskatoon.