Heritage Milton is an advisory committee of Milton Council that provides advice and assistance to Council and members of the public on matters pertaining to the conservation of the community's historic buildings and architectural heritage. Who sits on Milton Heritage and what service does it provide?
Heritage Milton is made up of private citizens and elected representatives who, with the help of Town staff act as volunteers to:
- Review and make Recommendations on any application received that affect heritage properties
- Take a review of any demolition notifications
- Review any site plan applications for development within Miltons Downtown character area.
- Make any necessary recommendations regarding the heritage significance of properties
- Promote heritage conservation and provide information about rehabilitation and restoration techniques
- Provide educational historical information to owners researching the history of their homes
- Maintain an inventory of historic properties in the area