- Clean like a demon. Wash floors, walls, inside the stove, fridge and cupboards. Wash the window frames to boost natural light and hang clean drapes. Good looking windows can be left bare.
- Get (un)personal. Take down every single family or personal photo. Leave artwork, but remove personal knicknacks and clutter.
- Do small repairs. Regrout yellowing tilework and replaced chipped linoleum. Professionally clean carpets.
- Paint. A fresh coat of paint is the easiest and most inexpensive way to give your home a facelift. Here are some no-fail neutral colours from Benjamin Moore: Feather Down (OC6), Natural Cream (OC14) and Nantucket Grey (HC111)
- Get sorted. Potential buyers WILL open closets and cupboards, so pack away half of the contents and organize what is left.
- Think scents. You may not notice pet or cigarette odours but others will. Air the house thoroughly and use odour-neutralizing sprays. Remove kitty litter and during showings, remove kitty too. Ditto for Fido.
- Warm it up. If you're showing at night, light a fire for a cozy feel. If it's daytime, make sure every blind is open and the lights are on.
- Park it. Organize your garage as much as possible. It might mean hiding your stuff in neat looking boxes or cabinets.
- Go Green. Bring in plants and fresh flowers for a sense of life.
The Chambers Real Estate Team will help you to show your home at it's best. With professional home staging tips and ideas, we will create a focal point in each room. Ask us for details! Call Gary Chambers 403-820-2121 or Kim Suntjens 403-823-4000 today and let's get started!