If you're listing your home for sale, then of course you’ll want to make the best impression possible on potential home buyers. But, just to have a little fun, say you don't want to sell your property. What could you do to discourage those who view your home?
- Well, you could have your pets in the home during viewings. That will certainly make it uncomfortable for some buyers – especially those with pet allergies.
- You could also leave personal items around, such as family pictures and trophies. That will make it more difficult for a buyer to imagine himself and his family living there. It might even make him feel a bit like an intruder!
- Clutter in bedrooms, closets and other areas of the home will make those spaces feel less spacious than they really are, as well as make visitors feel uncomfortable.
- If you really want to turn off a buyer, then put off doing any minor repairs. A dripping tap, flickering light, dent in the wall, or other maintenance issues are certain to gain a buyer's attention.
- If all that doesn't shoo away a buyer from your home, then stick around during a viewing and follow him and his family from room to room. That will certainly make him feel uneasy.
Of course, we're just having a bit of fun here. When you put your home on the market, you want to sell it.
It’s easy to avoid all the pitfalls described above and ensure potential buyers appreciate the full value of your home.
So when you’re preparing for a showing, think of ways you can make your property appear its best, and make the buyer feel welcomed and comfortable viewing it.
Want more ideas on how to sell your home quickly and for the best price? Call Garrett Zazula at (306) 222-9595 today.