Open houses can be the most
stressful event while deciding on buying real estate; but yet the most effective way to connect with prospective buyers as majority of the buyers value the old saying "Seeing is Believing" . The next important question that comes to mind is the cleanliness in a house before open house.
There are a few must follow etiquettes when it comes to What food should you serve? Who should you invite? Where should you post signs? How clean is clean enough? Well the answers to these questions comes from experience of organizing open houses successfully
Some of the most definitely must follow open house tips you must follow:
- Make it easy for buyers to visualize how rooms can be used.
- Paint the house in the best possible light.
- Make sure you give attendees handouts on Mortgage Loan Breakdown, Glossary of Home Ownership/Mortgage Terms, Neighborhood Information.
- Spruce up curb appeal.
- Advertise your open house on Facebook.
- Create a property website.
- Collect email addresses to keep interested lookers informed about future open houses.
- Simple updates to the front door can make a favorable first impression.
- Clean the home with the help of a professional housekeeper or professional organizer.
- If the house is occupied make sure to store away keys and other personal items.