Mr. Bhaura is the President and Broker of Record for Century 21 President Realty Inc., President of TREB, and a Fellow of the Real Estate Institute of Canada (FRI). He previously served as the Founder Director/Vice President of the Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) – Toronto Chapter and as a Director of the Real Estate Institute of Canada – Toronto Chapter.
Education and Credentials
He obtained a Bachelor of Arts (BA) from GND University and also attended the Toronto School of Business in 1995 for a diploma in Microcomputer Business Applications & Electronics.
Since then, Mr. Bhaura has taken several other courses related to real estate, resulting in many professional industry designations.
Some designations he has earned include:
- FRI - Fellow of the Real Estate Institute
- ABR® - Accredited Buyer's Representative
- SRES® - Seniors Real Estate Specialist
- SRS® - Sellers Real Estate Salesperson
Mr. Bhaura has had many accomplishments, including the following:
- 2018: TREB President
- 2017-2018: TREB President Elect
- 2017-2018: TREB Chair Arbitration and Professional Standards Committee
- 2016-2017: TREB Board of Director
- 2016-2017: TREB Chair Finance Committee
- 2015-2016: TREB. Chair Member Communications Committee
- 2015-2016: TREB. Vice Chair Government Relations Committee
- 2015-2016: TREB. Marketing Committee
- 2014-2015: TREB. Board of Director
- 2014-2015: TREB. Chair Condominium Committee
- 2014-2015: TREB. Vice Chair MLS committee
- 2014-2015: Asian Real Estate Association of America- Toronto Chapter (AREAA)
- 2014: Received designation of SRS - Sellers Real Estate Salesperson
- 2013-2014: TREB. Board of Director
- 2013-2014: TREB. Chair BRS Ad Hoc Committee
- 2012-2013: TREB. Leadership Committee
- 2012: CMA - Canadian Management Academy*
- 2012: Create 21 Course*
- 2011: Received designation of ABR® - Accredited Buyer's Representative
- 2011: Received designation of SRES® - Seniors Real Estate Specialist
- 2009: IMA - International Management Academy *
- 2009: Became the Broker Of Record, CENTURY 21 President Realty Inc., Brokerage
- 2008: OREA Leadership 100
- 2003: Earned Broker License
- 2000 - Present: Member of the Toronto Real Estate Board
Gurcharan Bhaura previously served as a Chair of TREB’s Finance Committee, Arbitration and Professional Steering Committee, Buyer Representation Services Ad Hoc Committee, TREB’s Condominium Committee, the Affordable Housing sub-committee, and Member Communications Committee. He was also the Vice Chair of the Government Relations Committee and MLS Committee.
In the past, Mr. Bhaura was a member of the Executive Committee, Leadership Committee, and TREB Realtor Quest Task Force.
Gurcharan Bhaura was a TREB Board of Director for 4 years (2013 – 2017) and served as President-Elect from 2017-2018. Through his work, he has heightened the awareness of the value of REALTORS and enhanced the Multiple Listing Service. Going forward in his position of President of TREB, some of his other priorities are to promote TREB at the international level, protect members’ interests, improve relationships with CREA, OREA, and other local boards.
He supports youth in the community by participating in and attending many sports and cultural events. Mr. Bhaura also organizes an annual "Customer Appreciation Day BBQ" at Century 21 President and actively participates with his entire team in the annual "Wheelchair Awareness Race" in Peel organized by C-SASIL as well as the "Race Against Racism" in Peel organized by the Peel Regional Police. He also supports several local charities including Easter Seals Canada and Seva Food Bank Mississauga.
Mr. Bhaura was born in Punjab, India and came to Canada in 1995. Initially, he switched between several professions, but became interested in real estate after completing licensing courses in 2000. Since then, he has won many awards in this industry and continually strives to excel in the Real Estate field while also giving back to his community. Apart from being a professional leader; he leads three children as an amazing father.
He enjoys travelling, reading, writing and watching or playing golf.