WOW Great time to get into the Real Estate Market
Canadian home sales up again in April
- National home sales rose 2.3% from March to April.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10% above April 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes was little changed from March to April.
- The Canadian housing market overall remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.97% year-over-year in April.
- The national average sale price rose 9.5% on a year-over-year basis in April; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 3.4 %.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations rose 2.3 per cent in April 2015 compared to March. This marks the third consecutive month-over-month increase and raises national activity back to where it was during most of the second half of last year.
April sales were up from the previous month in two-thirds of all local markets, led by the Greater Toronto Area, the surrounding Golden Horseshoe region, and Montreal.