Home sales in Regina and area in April were down from April 2012, based on reports through the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc MLS® System.
Statistics for April 2012 compared to April 2013:
- Sales down 24% - from 411 to 336
- Sales in the city down 20% - from 349 to 280
- Average sale price up 1% - from $312,412 to $316,606
- Average sale price in the city down slightly - from $319,583 - $318,755
- Active Listings at the end of April - 1,449, including 803 in the city
- New listings in April up 11% - from 623 - 690
- Sales down 25% - from 1,354 - 1,019
- Sales in the city down 22% - from 1,102 - 860
- Average sale price up 6% - from $294,787 - 311,896
During the month, homes which sold were on the market for an average of 35 days before selling at an average of 97.2% of asking price. This compares to 31 days and 97.8% in 2012.
April has been the strongest month for sales so far in 2013. There is a good selection of homes available for buyers. With the local economic acitivity, job and population growth, and tight rental market conditions point to a healthy market for the remainder of the spring and summer months.