Mark your calendar for February 20 and 21 everyone! Bargain furniture and appliances will be sold at the Hospital Closing Equipment and Furniture Sale that is scheduled to take place at the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital legacy site on 327 Reynolds Street for an entire weekend!
The sale will feature some used and surplus furniture and appliances as part of the decommissioning process for OTMH. The sale will be open to the public and everyone is welcome to take a look or purchase a few items. All funds from this sale event are going to be re-invested by Halton Healthcare.
All sale items will be on a first come-first served basis so be sure to head on early to get your hands on the good finds if you are interested. Some of what you can expect to find are:
- Televisions, some of which are upwards of 32 inches.
- Refrigerators which are priced at around $200 and below.
- Tables priced at around $200.
- Metal shelvings.
- Power cords
- Various office equipment and furniture.
All the items for sale has been examined to ensure that they would be fit for reuse and can be resold. Silent auctions are also a part of the sale event and will commence at 10 a.m. on both dates. The event is made possible with the help of the event organiser, the Readiness Group Inc., a leading firm that specialises in decommissioning and relocating large capital development projects.
OTMH New Beginnings
The new Oakville hospital is newly decorated, furnished, and equipped with the best furnishings, appliances and state-of-the-art equipment and has been open to the public for a few weeks now.
The new OTMH site is located at 3001 Hospital Street, Oakville at 50 acres of land that’s easily accessible at the intersection of Dundas Street and Third Line. New and improved facilities include:
- Dialysis centre
- Diabetes care
- Mental health care
- Maternal and child care
- 2 CT scanners and 3 MRIs
- 2,000 parking spaces
- 457 bed capacity, with a majority being private patient rooms.
- Automated pharmacy system that can prepare and package 2 million doses of medication per year. This helps ensure medications are prepared right, given to the right patient, and is delivered on time.
- Newly designed emergency department designed with the latest features to enhance infection control and efficient use.
- Automated laboratory system gives healthcare teams the data they need to help patients fast. It is capable of running 65 different laboratory tests at the same time with an efficient speed of starting about 2 tests per minute
- And many more!
Here again are the sale specifics. Be sure to come in early to be part of the silent auctions and help liquidate assets so funds can be used to further improve the new hospital!
When: Saturday and Sunday on February 20 and 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Where: legacy OTMH site, 327 Reynolds Streets
Parking: Will be provided
Interested people may enter the sale venue via the OTMH legacy site’s main entrance. For more information or other details that are not available here, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for an easy-access community with amazing amenities and facilities in Toronto? Then you’ll love Oakville! Have a look at the currently available Oakville homes in our listings and contact us for a viewing. At Oakville, everything you might need is just a stone’s throw away!