For those of you without school age children you might be asking - what's almost here? And for parents with school age children the ready response is MARCH BREAK!
March Break for the Trillium Lakelands District School Board starts March 11th to the 15th and I know in my house I have 2 very excited little people. Why you might ask? It's not because we are going away. (Happy Travels to anyone who is taking a holiday away from home!) We are going to be staying at home and having quiet, relaxing days there tidying up all the things that never get done because no one is at home to do so and reading books and watching movies and playing outside in our own yard...no, wait that's what I'd like to be doing! What we'll probably end up doing is sampling some of the planned events that are being held around Haliburton County for the week. Some of our options include but aren't limited too;
- A day up to Sir Sam's to go downhill skiing. (They are running a lift ticket sale on right now! until the 8th of March ~ more information found here at www.sirsams.com)
- Cross-country skiing at Moose Woods, Glebe Park or Twin Lakes. More information found at www.skihaliburton.com
- Arts and special projects at The Art Hive including Clay Zombie Zoo and Funky Junx. More information found at www.thearthive.com
- Often the Haliburton County Public Libarary offer special programs but I don't see any posted on their website just yet. I'll check back and keep you posted!
- There was a note in the local newspaper this week that the Haliburton arena, newly named the A J. LaRue Arena will be completed on March 7th which could mean that we will have public ice skating in Haliburton Village after March 9th
- The opportunity to create Artist Trading cards is available to families (children ages 3 & up) at the Rail's End Gallery located in Haliburton Village March 13-15. More information available at www.railsendgallery.com/programs.php
- Free Public skating available at the S.G Nesbitt Memorial Centre in Minden Sunday's from 12 - 2pm.
- The Minden Hills Cultural Centre is hosting "Culture Club for Kids" with 5 days of fun-filled activities that include arts/crafts and outdoor learning from 10:30am - 3:30pm $20/child per day more information at www.mindenculturalcentre.com
- Special events being held at the Haliburton Forest Wolf Centre; Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:30 - 3:30 where families are invited to watch a hilarious puppet show, listen as Twig, the forest Nome tell stories, and create fun wolf arts and crafts. More information at www.haliburtonforest.com/events/eventsbycategory/-
Whew, I don't know about you but I'm tired all ready! So, after I've sampled some or most of these events with my children next week I`ll be looking forward to a quiet adult night where I can watch the academy award-winning movie ARGO presented by Those Other Movies. For show times and prices please check out www.haliburton-movies.com/movies.html
If you have an event that you are planning for March Break and I haven`t included it on this list please don`t hesitate to send me the details! I`d love to come and check it out! :)
Happy March Break Everyone!