If you are touring around the West Guilford area and are looking for things to do here are a few to keep you entertained!
- Public Beach - located across from the West Guilford Community Center with a wonderful shallow entry sand beach and a nice clean lake for swimming and boating.
- West Guilford Shopping Center which hosts an LCBO outlet and the post office in addition to fresh meats, fresh produce, bakery items and various odds and ends
- West Guilford Snack Bar where you can find tasty treats and ice cream for hot days when you're done at the beach
- West Guilford Laundromat for the cottages without laundry facilities
- Cottage Country Log Cabin where you can spend time browsing through their inventory featuring the following items
- Haliburton Highlands gift shop
- Unique local shopping attraction
- Quality outdoor furniture
- Cottage country giftware & clothing
- Adirondack chairs and souvenirs
- Unique Canadian giftware and wilderness décor
- Camp Medeba, a premier summer camp experience with traditional and specialized adventure activities for boys and girls ages 6-18, is also located in West Guilford and is distinctive with its walkway over the road for the campers to access the lake for water fun
- For a little Italian food drop into The Corner Cafe on St. Andrew`s Rd. for a bite to eat before heading out on your next adventure.
- Lakeside Golf Club is located on Highway 118 and is a 9 hole semiprivate course with a wonderful view of Grass Lake from the green and tee. This course also has a restaurant for after the game
- For the campers among you - Sleepy Hollow Camping located at 1143 Nila Rd. is available for your overnight camping adventure
- A new addition to the area is Abbey Gardens - described as "an inspired community project that encourages visitors to think more sustainably about land, food, energy and economy. Our garden offers fresh ideas about local food and inspires collaboration in our growing community".
As you head north from West Guilford towards the Kennisis and Redstone Lakes you'll find more the Haliburton Forest and Wildlife which provides many fun family activities including but not limited to; camping, the wolf center, canopy tour, dog sledding, mountain biking and the
Forest Festival - an outdoor music festival featuring fabulous musical artists, performing in a spectacular wilderness setting... coming up again in August 2013. This annual festival of concerts that links nature, and music, will run for 5 days and features eight unique musical performances.who for 2013 will feature: The Good Lovelies; The Heavyweights Brass Brand; Lighthouse; New Country Rehab; Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy; Fiddlefire; David Woodhead`s Confabulation; Murray McLaughlan
What more could you want in your destination vacation? Make sure you stop in West Guilford and check out some of their local amenities.