Selling in the Fall – Take advantage of the beautiful weather to give your home curb appeal that sells!
Buyers do it all the time, drive by a house with a For Sale sign and decide at that moment if this could be their dream home. It’s the first impression we have all heard about – and one as sellers your Realtor should be preaching to you. Now is the time to take advantage of Fall’s beautiful weather and colours to make your house stand out. A few easy, inexpensive ways you can improve your homes curb appeal are;
- Keep your lawn cut and raked
- Prune your bushes and trees
- Clean out the depris in your gutters
- Pressure wash the house, sidewalk, and deck
- Windex the windows
- Paint your front door and install new hardware if needed – if its really bad consider installing a new one – while you are at it, you may want to touch up your garage doors as well!
- Wipe off or replace light fixtures, mail box and house numbers
- Treat yourself, and stop at the market and buy a couple pumpkins or mums to embrace the Fall colours
- If your ‘toy’ is rusting in the driveway, with blocks behind - or instead of - the tires, and has been for 10 years without moving – donate it. Donate it now.
- Slowly drive by your house yourself and see a jobs well done! Take before and afters just for fun!
If you are thinking about selling your home – and taking advantage of the Fall or Spring market – contact us now – we can walk you through more easy ways to prepare your home to sell for maximum dollars!