This December 12th I listed 186 Larkin Avenue, and had it sold within 6 days using a great marketing plan, and action!
1) Professional photography and Web Tour ( This one sold in 6 days - Highest price on Larkin Avenue to date )
2) Distributing listing to more than 25 websites on more than one occasion
3) Door knocking in the neighborhood, and open house invitations to more than 300 homes in the neighborhood
4) Distributed listing to my personal database of buyers
5) Called some of my buyers looking in the neighborhood
6) More than 400 phone calls in the neighborhood to invite people to the open house.
The first two weeks of marketing are key in getting a home sold for a good price. Pricing is also important, since buyers agents will be excited to show a well priced home to their clients. Buyers agents have a real interest in representing their clients, so they do not recommend homes that are over priced by even $5000. Therefore, an over priced home gets less interest from buyers and buyers real estate agents, takes longer to sell, and often sells for a lot less than if it were priced right in the first place. Price it slightly below market value to get a higher price.