Strategies for Pricing a Property to Sell
1) Price it to be found in real estate searches. If the value is approximately $465,000, set an asking price of $500,000, not $515,000 - don't miss a segment of Buyers.
2) Don't get 'creative' with your asking price. An odd figure (i.e. $527,075) calls attention to itself. Showcase the property and appeal to as wide an audience as possible.
3) Work out a pricing contingency plan before you put your property on the market. Have a "Plan B" in place in case it doesn't sell for your desired price. This saves time and helps establish the appropriate expectations.
4) Pricing is an ongoing discussion. Cottage properties are unique, many factors can come into play and not all of them can be anticipated. If you prepare to be flexible and can react quickly to changing market conditions or new information, you're more likely to get the best price for the least aggravation.
- Mid-April - male flickers begin returning north
- April 18 - Good Friday
- April 19, 1877 - Ole Evinrude, inventor of the outboard marine engine was born in Oslo
- April 20 - Easter Sunday
- April 21 - Lake of the Woods District Property Owners Association Cottage Show - Victoria Inn, Winnipeg 2:30-8pm www.lowdpoa.com
- April 22, 1932 - A flock of geese, struck by lightning, fell out of the sky onto the town of Elgin, Manitoba
- April 24 - Painted turtles begin to rise from hibernation at the end of the month
- April - 27 - Red squirrels are born late in the month