Canadian Buyers continued to dominate the recreational real estate market this year with the majority coming from Winnipeg and Manitoba. There has been an increase in American Buyer interest as compared to 2011. Demand remained solid for Clearwater Bay and lakes west of Kenora. Lily Pad Bay saw several single family cottage sales ranging from $440,000 to just over $1M. The appeal of Black Sturgeon continues to be strong for cottagers and homeowners in search of a quieter lake system within a short drive of the amenities of Kenora. Sales in Minaki ranged from $69,000 for water access vacant land up to $350,000 for road access cottages. Sioux Narrows continues to offer good value to own on Lake of the Woods with vacant land sales averaging under $200,000. There is something for everyone in Sioux Narrows-Nestor Falls with cottage and home sales ranging from $189,000 to $1,300,000.
The selection of available properties remains strong so pick up the phone and make an appointment today!
- November 4th - Daylight Saving Time ends
- November 7th, 1913 - The Black Sunday Storm began, one of the most severe storms on record to hit the Great Lakes.
- November 10th, 1975 - The SS Edmund Fitzgerald, a 729 foot ore carrier disappeared and sank on Lake Superior around 7pm. The entire crew of 29 men were lost. In August of 1976, Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot commemorated the tragedy with the release of the ballad "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," which became his second most successful single.
- November 11th - Remembrance Day (Canada), Veterans Day (U.S.) - LEST WE FORGET. Please take time to remember those who served so that we could attain the freedom and quality of life we are so fortunate to enjoy today.
- November 15th - By mid-November, most loons will have left for areas of open water in the south.
- November 18th - The 19th annual Philadelphia Marathon, a scenic course run in ideal temperatures with an awesome atmosphere. Looking forward to this run!
- November 22nd - Happy Thanksgiving U.S.A.