Canadian Recreational Property Report (Some excerpts from the Royal LePage Property Report)
Kenora Cottage Country July 2012
The recreational market is off to a good start this year, mild temperatures had Sellers listing earlier than usual and Buyers entering the marketplace as early as January. Therefore, year-over-year activity is up, unit sales have increased, and we have a good selection of available inventory on-hand. Expect unti sales to continue to rise as more Buyers enter the marketplace.
- While recognizing a recreational property can provide a good financial return on investment, more than 50% of Buyers treat their purchase as a lifestyle choice.
- The most sought after features of recreational property are "quiet," followed by "Four-season use," and "boating/fishing."
- July 1st, 2012 - Happy Canada Day
- July 4th, 2012 - Happy Independence Day United States
- July 30th, 1962 - The Trans-Canada Highway opened