If you are considering selling your home, there are many improvements that are worthwhile to invest in in order to attract more buyers, sell your home faster, make back most or all of your investment, and even increase the value of your home. Here are worthwhile upgrades to invest in before putting your home up fore sale:
- Kitchen: A gourmet kitchen is the most popular renovations for earning back most or all of its investment. Even if you decide not to fully gut and renovate, there are certain upgrades such as-granite countertops, hardwood or high-end floors, premium appliances (especially stainless steel), islands, and undermount sinks that will attract attention and increase value.
- Hardwood floors: Especially on the main floor, hardwood floors are popular with buyers. If your floors are refinished but worn, invest in having them lightly sanded and resealed. If they’re beaten up and scratched consider replacing them.
- Master ensuite: If your ensuite is a bit outdated, consider upgrading it, especially if you can afford upgrades such as s whirlpool or air jet tub, separate shower with a rain showerhead, double sinks and/or heated floors. If you don’t currently have an ensuite, perhaps you can invest in installing one by stealing space from the master bedroom or a room next to it.
- Adding a bedroom: Typically a four-bedroom house will assume a higher price than a three bedroom, even though they’re both the same size. Consider dividing a large bedroom into two small ones (as long as they’re not too small), or another alternative is converting an upstairs den or sitting room to a bedroom.
- Upgraded lighting: Replace old-fashioned with more contemporary styles of lighting such as smaller cans or halogen track lighting. Replace overhead lighting with vintage or modern chandeliers, or install them in rooms that don’t have any.
- Finished basement: After kitchens and bathrooms, a stylish finished basement is high on many homebuyers’ wish lists. If your basement has a low ceiling, consider digging down to increase the ceiling height. If that isn’t possible, leveling the floor and installing a bathroom or great room will help make it more comfortable.
- Landscaping: Maintaining your gardens and yard with attractive plants, handscaping such as brick or flagstone will attract potential buyers.
- Front Porch: Adding a full front porch or replacing/repairing an existing one will add value to your home. If this isn’t possible, maybe add a portico, which can provide shelter for the front door and provide an outdoor seating area. Another alternative is adding a deck in the back.
Thank you for reading!
If you liked this, you'll like my other channels too! Hit the buttons below to Like, Follow and Connect with me.
As always, if you would like to discuss your current real estate situation, I would love to offer my expert knowledge. You can reach me at 905 339 5270, or by email at email@example.com.
Passionate About Real Estate. Devoted to My Clients.
CENTURY 21 MILLER REAL ESTATE LTD.
467 Speers Road
Ontario, L6K 3S4
Direct Line: 905.339.5270 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org