The wonderful thing about April is we can stop hibernating! Winter has turned the corner and has headed out of sight until the end of the year. With spring in full swing, its time to get inspired to make the most of the month!
- Open up the windows and let the fresh breezes flow through the house. At the end of the month when temperatures are warmer, it’s a good time to give the outside a cleaning.
- Another way to make the house fresh and clean after months of being locked up against the elements: clean the carpets. Rent a carpet steamer or call in a professional.
- April is a good time (and safe bet) to put away your winter clothing and bring out your summer clothes. Whether you move them to an extra closet or pack them up in a chest, wash or dry clean everything so they’re ready for wear in 6 months.
- As soon as the weather permits, get out into the garden and clean up all the leftover leaves and debris that has accumulated over the winter. Turn the soil to let it breathe, in readiness for planting. And start planting your garden. Changing it a little each year will keep it fresh and exciting.
- If you’ve never planted tulips, now’s the time. There is nothing that says winter’s over better than a bright, colorful bed of tulips.
- Pre-plant your herbs. You can get them started in small indoor pots. When the time is right, transplant them into bigger pots or flowerbeds. They’ll be stronger and heartier by this point. And since herbs grow prolifically, you’ll be able to start using them sooner.
- Paint any rooms you’ve been meaning to. The temperatures warm enough to keep the windows open. And rooms will feel fresh and revived. It’s also a good idea to give your front door a fresh coat. It’ll be cleaner and more inviting.
- For a real seasonal shift in the house, change over sheets, cushions, and blankets to lighter or brighter colours. It doesn’t have to be a drastic change to your décor. Pick colours that complement your home.
Thank you for reading!
If you liked this, you'll like my other channels too! Hit the buttons below to Like, Follow and Connect with me.
As always, if you would like to discuss your current real estate situation, I would love to offer my expert knowledge. You can reach me at 905 339 5270, or by email at email@example.com.
The name people recommend in Real Estate...
CENTURY 21 MILLER REAL ESTATE LTD.*
467 Speers Road
Ontario, L6K 3S4
Direct Line: 905.339.5270 E-Mail: hans.taal@century21.
*Brokerage, Independently Owned and Operated