SRAR *Saskatoon Region Association of Realtors® , shared some info regarding Stats in September for housing market. Just want to share with you all.
Canadian home sales ease back in September
Ottawa, ON, October 14, 2014 - According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity in September 2014 was down from the previous month.
- National home sales fell 1.4% from August to September
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 10.6% above September 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 1.6% from August to September
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS ® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% on a year-over-year basis in September
- The national average sale price rose 5.9% on a year-over-year basis in September
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® System of Canadian real estate
Boards and Associations fell by 1.4 per cent on a month-over-month basis in September, marking the first monthly decline since January of this year.