Preparing a home for the market entails many things. Don't get overwhelmed by the details, and begin by fixing these 7 avoidable staging blunders ( as taken by HGTV.com)
- Less is usually more in home staging. Keep the décor simple and definitely dismantle theme rooms.
- Don’t over personalize your décor. If you know your house is going on the market in the next few years, be mindful of your design choices.
- Think Neutral when picking out paint colours.
- Clean, Clean, Clean!! Scrub everything and declutter.
- Tend to your garden.
- Repair what needs repairing i.e. fix that cracked window pane, replace the broken doorknob, paint the fence. Potential home buyers will notice everything!!
- Don’t misuse spaces i.e. bedrooms should be bedrooms and not closets or storage rooms.