It is beginning to feel a lot like spring! The spring market in real estate is under way and many homeowners are taking to cleaning buckets, scrub brushes, brooms or vacuums to get their homes freshened up for this transition into a new season.
If you’re selling or just trying to freshen up your dwelling, we decided that every homeowner should know our secret to clean windows-so look no further.
Easy Window Cleaning Tips For Your Home
- Dust off or vacuum window dirt and debris from window casings and ledges
- Vacuum window screens with a bristled extension to remove dirt and debris from screens
- Gently rinse dirt from screens with water and allow to air dry. To clean heavily soiled screens try a mild dish detergent and water.
- The best time for cleaning windows is on a cloudy or overcast day. This prevents windows from drying too quickly leaving streaks.
- Paper towel? Newsprint? Or squeegee? The choice is yours but we like to use a squeegee. It prevents streaks and doesn’t leave small, static-charged dust particles behind.
We may have saved the best for last-just to keep you reading!
- For exterior window cleaning we like this simple homemade solution. Just mix, spray, scrub, and rinse with a generous amount of water before it has the opportunity to dry.
If you think this is the best homemade window washing solution, SHARE it with your friends. If you have a better window washing solution, let us know by posting in the comments below.
2 cups of water
¼ cup of vinegar
½ tsp of mild dish detergent
Enjoy your clean windows!