Newmarket Real Estate News - Aurora Real Estate News
Published on Jan 15, 2014
According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity posted its third consecutive month-over-month decline in December 2013.
Highlights: PRICES ARE UP 10.4%
- National home sales fell 1.8% from November to December 2013.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 12.9% above weak December 2012 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes dropped 4.3% from November to December.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 10.4% on a year-over-year basis in December 2013.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.3% year-over-year in December.
Call me for a FREE HOME EVALUATION