Tips for Perfectly Grilled Vegetables
One of the highlights of the summer season is the incredible bounty of fresh produce and grilling these vegetables gives them a smoky, delicious dimension. Chef BBQ Naz, a grilling expert from Broil King, shares some simple tips for flavour perfection:
- When preparing vegetables, slice them to expose as much of the vegetable to the grill surface as you can.
- Coat vegetables with olive oil before placing them on the grill. This will help prevent them from sticking.
- Use the right tool for the job. Accessories like grill toppers and skewers are perfect for keeping smaller foods like cherry tomatoes and onions from rolling around or falling through the grate.
- Don’t leave vegetables unattended. Vegetables are delicate and can easily overcook if not monitored.
- Grill extras. Leftover grilled vegetables are great in soups, salads, sandwiches and on pizzas and pasta. ENJOY!!