Remembrance Day Facts
1. On the 11th day at the 11th hour of the 11th month in 1918 guns fell silent marking theend of World War One and a day that we commemorate today as Remembrance Day
2. Every year on November 11 Canadians pause for moments of silence.
3. Remembrance Day was initially called Armistice Day.
4. Remembrance Day was first observed in 1919 throughout the British Commonwealth.
5. Poppies are the symbol of Remembrance Day.
6. Donations for Poppies support the Royal Canadian Legion and fund assistance for Veterans that served our country.
7. Nations like Poland, Belgium and France observe Remembrance Day on November 11, even though they are not part of the British Commonwealth.
8. Some countries wear white poppies to symbolize peace, and some animal activists wear purple poppies to commemorate animals that were victims of war.
9. Poppies should be worn on the left lapel close to the heart.
10. Canada’s tomb of the unknown soldier in Ottawa holds the remains of an unidentified soldier.
|LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!|
|FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!|
|LINK WITH US ON LINKEDIN!|
|VISIT OUR WEBSITE!|
CENTURY 21 ® Heritage Group Ltd. is committed to providing service at the highest level to our sales associates, our clients and our customers. We strive to exceed their expectations, and to offer an all-encompassing high level of service.
CENTURY 21® Heritage Group Ltd. is consistently among the top producing offices within the CENTURY 21® Canada System. We are a Grand Centurion® office, and in the top 3 producing offices with CENTURY 21® in Canada. We are a major player in our market area and have been providing real estate services to the Greater Toronto Area and York Region for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on providing a professional, highly productive, loyal and friendly work environment to our sales team.
Our offices are centrally and conveniently located in Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Tottenham, Hamilton and Bradford. The company is independently owned and operated by Pamela Prescott, a Broker with 30 years of expertise in the real estate industry.
*Each Brokerage is Independently Owned & Operated
CENTURY 21® has the exclusive realtor authority to offer the AIR MILES® Reward Miles Program to our buyers and sellers, who can earn up to 1500 Air Miles® Reward Miles with the purchase and/or sale of real estate. Choose from over 150 rewards, including weekend getaways, long distance calling, travel, car rentals and admission to local attractions.
Our convenient in-house finance centre, Centum Financial Services, facilitates mortgage financing for our buyers, and offers sound, experienced financial advice to our clients.