Fixing the Small Stuff Pays Off!
Fixing the small stuff really does count. Focus on minor repairs that will make the home visually appealing. Here are some ideas to improve the home:
- Repair ceiling and wall cracks
- Repair faucets, banister, handrails, cabinets, drawers, doors, floors and tile
- Caulk and grout tubs, showers, sinks and tile
- Add fresh paint to ceilings, walls, trim, doors, window ledges and cabinets
- Tighten door handles, drawer pulls, light switches and electrical plates
- Lubricate door hinges and locks.
- When painting use a neutral, soft warm colour on walls. Paint is often the best investment a seller can make
- Paint exterior fixtures, mailbox, front door, garage door if necessary
- Have leaks repaired and watermarks covered
- Whitewash dark paneling